“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Unknown

Thursday, January 11, 2007

wasting away the days

how is it possible to waste an entire day? in fact, not only did i waste the entire day today, but i also wasted the entire day yesterday as well. may this never appear before the eyes of my employers... but i was seriously the most A.D.D. person i can imagine for the past two days. checking stock prices, reading blogs, surfing the internet for anything interesting worth reading, chatting with friends, going to lunch, trying to work while oprah's on tv (trust me, this is not an effective way to get things done), checking stock prices again... and now it's 10:16 PM and i have literally nothing to show for my day. or yesterday. i did make $250 by buying Apple stock last night. thank you steve jobs and your introduction of the iPhone! and ok... i did do some work, but i've certainly been functioning at half capacity. maybe i should try sitting at my desk and working instead of sitting on the couch with my feet up and my laptop on my lap all day. self-discipline -- the bane of my existence. it's the same weakness that causes me to buy a half gallon of chocolate milk and drink it all in two days. mmm... chocolate milk.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home