“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Unknown

Thursday, November 16, 2006

welcome to the wild wild west

so i just have to share this little insight into how weird i am. most people get credit cards from companies and could care less what they look like. as long as they can afford to buy a big screen tv or mid-sized vehicle with it when the going gets tough, they could care less what it looks like. but me... i'm weird. although, what's weirder is that a committee of people had to have sat around and decided that THIS design for a credit card was cool:

for those of you who are squinting to see the design... it's a team of horses and a carriage. i get the fact that wells fargo prides themselves on this team of horses idea... but i really don't want it on my credit card. something about the existence of "personalized credit cards" makes me fear the fact that some cashier somewhere is going to look at that card and think "wow... this chic must dig the wild wild west or something". anyway, so the fact that i fear that is weird... but what makes me weirder is that i called wells fargo and the conversation went something like this (after all the "press 1 for yadda yadda" crap):

agent: is there anything else i can help you with today?

me: well, actually ya. this may sound dumb, but i just got my new credit card in the mail yesterday and it's, well... really ugly.

agent: snicker. ugly?

me: ya... i used to have this cool one with mountains on it and it was black and white. can i get a new one with a different design on it? unless it costs money, then i won't worry about it.



(second one from the left... trust me... it's cool)


agent: it doesn't cost money. and i can definitely send you a new one.

me: good. 'cause this one is ugly. can i get the mountain one again?

agent: yes. confirming a bunch of my information.

me: thanks so much.

agent: enjoy your pretty new card when it comes.

i'm certain it will be coming in the mail any day now... and i'm actually anticipating it. like, everytime i have to pull out this ugly horse one, i cringe as i'm handing it over... "please don't judge me because of the stupid horses".

anyway, that's me... weirdly bothered by my credit card design. and really pleased with myself that i'm having them send me a new one.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Higa said...

I have to say that personalised credit cards are much like tattoos you generally only like them for the time being and wonder why the heck you got it in the first place. Only with tattoos you are sort of screwed because they don't expire.
Although the wild wild west concept is ugly to you there are many cowboys or horse lovers out there who would kill to have that on their credit card... I am not one of them.

November 20, 2006 6:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home