“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Unknown

Monday, December 11, 2006

christmas with the godfather

well... i made it. i'm officially 28. and i've been super moody the last couple of days. i've been trying to determine whether it's because i'm having issues dealing with this new age (an age that for some reason sounds REALLY old to me right now), or if it's because it's almost christmas and the only preparation i've done is buying gifts FOR burton WITH burton, or if it's PMS... or maybe i'm pregnant (that is not an announcement... just to clarify)... i have no idea what's going on, but one second i'm really happy about life and the next second i'm pouting about having to go grocery shopping (ok... realistically, i always pout about grocery shopping, but you know what i mean). anyway, highs and lows all week... it's driving me bonkers.

but i do love this time of year. our christmas tree is up, and i've invested in some great christmas music this year (check out sarah mclachlan's new album "wintersong"... you'll love it)... and my first online christmas purchase for burton just arrived in the mail today and is neatly tucked under my bed (for those of you concerned about this divulgence of information, i assure you that burton hardly has time to read the things he's assigned at school right now much less waste time reading the ramblings he gets to hear all day long). anyway, it's beginning to look a lot like christmas... (aw cute).

random subject change... i watched the godfather for the first time in my entire life. loved it. still loving it actually as we're half way through the godfather 2 now. and i'm loving that one also. seriously, i found myself laughing at parts that were far from funny simply because i have seen them mocked so many times in other movies and it was just so strange to know i was watching the origination of those scenes. amazing. love marlon brando, al pacino, robert de niro... and diane keaton... holy crap. she's much hotter at 60 than she was in the 70s. anyway, if you haven't seen it, or you haven't seen it in awhile, curl up with a warm blanket and a hot chocolate and settle in for a little horse head and oranges (if you haven't seen it... aren't you just a little curious now!?). i actually used a quote from it today on a business call. someone was asking how we were going to get a certain individual to do something... and i said "we'll make him an offer he can't refuse"... i got a few chuckles... mostly from the new yorker i work with who had been shocked and almost appauled earlier when i told him i had only just seen the movie for the first time this past week. anyway, it's great... "i know it was you fredo! you broke my heart! you broke my heart!" so awesome.

disclaimer: i just realized that i have to admit i watched the godfather on a clearplay DVD player which edits movies and makes them not so violent and vulgar, etc etc. so by the R rating my assumption is that there is probably a lot of things in the movie i didn't see or hear that many may find offensive if they watch it unedited... so, be warned. :)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger The Richardsons said...

You're so lucky! Under-the-bed present hiding tactics would never ever work for me. Troy is the most randomly curious person in the world. He finds EVERYTHING! And bad luck for me, he is the best at hiding things. I can never find the things he buys for me. This year he hid my present so well he forgot all about it. Too bad he remembered before buying me more presents!

December 12, 2006 5:21 PM

 
Blogger Brock said...

Disclaimer Smisclaimer!
"I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your [blog]on the this day of your [remembrance of your birth]. And may [your] first child be a masculine child."
"I pledge my ever-ending loyalty[to this, your blog]."

Although, I have never seen the movie, I wish people would talk more like they do in the God Father movies. Life would be a more exciting!

QUOTES PROVIDED by IMBb yet enhanced by me!

December 14, 2006 1:52 AM

 
Blogger janaya said...

you can't use a quote like that and not see the movie... it's a great line, but so much better if you can picture the context of it (edited, of course). a big fat man, kissing the hand of another fate man while he bows over and over again as he backs his way our the door. great movie.

anyway, great to hear from you. by your blogger ID it's tough tell if you have a blog or not, if do... do share.

December 14, 2006 10:05 AM

 
Blogger The Richardsons said...

I found brock's blog! it is solanofamily.blogspot.com

December 15, 2006 11:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is SO RANDOM! This is Kate Cotter (now Murphy) and we were roommates at EFY in Idaho FOREVER ago. I found your blog through the Richardsons, who have a link on my best friends blog (the Bakers). I saw the name Janaya and I just HAD to check because I had a feeling it might be you. Anyway, I have a blog, www.the-murphs.blogspot.com and I would LOVE to catch up with you! Email me if you want, kate_murphy@cox.net

December 21, 2006 3:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one question... you have clearplay which is pretty cool but how much of the Godfather did you really see? Like an hour?

January 04, 2007 2:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home