“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Unknown

Friday, May 16, 2008

untimely sneezing

i personally feel there's really almost nothing better than a good sneeze. and i'm pretty certain i'm not alone in this. i have often found myself feeling sorry for the tiny sneezers... the ones who hold it all in and just squeak their sneezes out. if they only knew they were missing out on one of the pure joys in life! perhaps it's because i grew up in a home with an extremely loud sneezer for a father. extremely loud = extreme understatement.

in fact, one time (random side story)... my family had come down to utah for education week at byu, and my friend, melissa, and i had just spent the day out and about, while my parents attended some classes. for some strange reason, we thought it totally possible to just FIND my parents on byu campus. we assumed they were attending a class at the marriott center, but that was just a guess. while walking around the hallway outside the actual arena, we could hear the class being broadcast over the loud speaker. all of a sudden, we heard this obnoxiously loud sneeze echo over the loud speaker. i turned to melissa and said "that was my dad!" she laughed. but i was certain. after the class got out, we somehow tracked my parents down and sure enough, it had been him. thousands of people in that arena, but i'd know my dad's sneeze anywhere. he said that when he sneezed every person within 50 feet of him turned and looked at him. atta boy! :)

so... back to my love of sneezing. so yesterday, burton and i were driving home from boxmart--where we've spent more money than i ever thought a person could spend on cardboard--and i sneezed twice. and while i love sneezing, i've found it's really kind of scary to sneeze while driving. because it means that for more than a split second blink your eyes are closed, and your arms and legs are a little uncontrollable, and it's just not ideal driving conditions. so i commented to burton "i hate sneezing while driving. it's just kinda scary." and burton said "i hate sneezing while peeing." .... and i'll give you a second ....

and then i couldn't stop laughing.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger go boo boo said...

That is so funny, thanks for the laugh! I agree, I don't get people who sound like a little puppy when they sneeze... and sneezing while driving- kind of scary!

May 17, 2008 11:49 PM

 
Blogger Nakita Ellis said...

HA HA HA! Love it!!

May 19, 2008 12:17 PM

 
Blogger Mike and Nicole said...

Hahaha that is so funny!

May 19, 2008 7:07 PM

 
Blogger Tracey said...

I have allergies this time of year and sneeze all the time. I am not that big of a fan of sneezing.

May 19, 2008 8:53 PM

 
Blogger Kadi said...

You know who else loves to sneeze...my brother Doug...only he sneezes and then makes us look at his kleenex(gross). I admit, I am a tiny sneezer...I totally hold them back. Infact at church on Sunday I sneezed in Relief Society and this lady said, "What a petite sneeze." Doug and my Mom are always telling me to let them out. Burton is hilarious...can you sneeze while peeing?

May 21, 2008 12:44 AM

 
Blogger Kadi said...

Oh yeah, Joel and his Dad and one of his brothers are the loudest sneezers I've ever heard...we should compare your Dad to them...

May 21, 2008 12:46 AM

 
Blogger janaya said...

kadi - i'm pretty sure you can... he sounded like he was speaking from experience. :)

May 21, 2008 12:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO FUNNY!!! I too love a good sneeze. The loud speaker story was hilarious. And sneezing while peeing...hilarious also:)!!! ARe you moving?

May 22, 2008 6:37 PM

 
Blogger janaya said...

natalie - ya, we're moving out to virginia actually. we leave on our cross country trip tomorrow... though our belongings are somewhere in montana right now, i think. :) gotta love not quite filling a moving van.

May 22, 2008 8:01 PM

 
Blogger jenhatch said...

HIL-arious!! I just hope Burton cleans up after his peeing sneezes! Have a safe trip/move!!

May 27, 2008 1:57 PM

 
Blogger sistersuzie said...

so Burton should be happy that he can sneeze when he pees cuz it could be worse,he could pee when he sneezes! there is a difference. I should know, I own shares in the "Depends" company. .o.k. only kidding...hehe, oops, laughing is not good either, brb..

May 27, 2008 4:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home