“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Unknown

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

data entry with a twist

i'll admit, i've been suffering from some serious blogger-block the last two and a half weeks (holy cow... it's really been that long... wow), and i have been at a loss for what to blog about... until i saw THIS on my facebook homepage...


WHAT THE...?!?!? besides the fact that i OBVIOUSLY wish that was my body, i was slightly amused by the actual job listing associated with this ridiculously shameless picture: "data entry worker" (funny, yes)... when i think of data entry workers, this is definitely what comes to mind. "no experience necessary" (definitely funnier now). that's right. we don't care if you've ever used a computer in your life. if you haven't a clue about typing or data entry... no need to worry. just so long as you've got rock hard abs and a killer rack... you're just the girl we're looking for. clearly, i missed the part in my advertising classes where they taught that "it really doesn't matter what you're trying to sell, just put a half-naked girl in the ad and you're good to go"... unless you're trying to sell beer or sports cars... or push-up bras... and then of course, that's really your best option.

how much you want to bet that girl didn't think her picture was going to end up next to a want ad for data entry workers? :)


Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger emilie s. d. p. said...

Ha, I cannot believe this ad. What a crazy world we live in! I guess I don't fit the job requirements because I'm not a size 2! Too bad.

February 27, 2008 4:28 PM

 
Blogger Wonderland Girl said...

Phew, I missed you. Glad you're back.

February 28, 2008 11:19 AM

 
Blogger janaya said...

aww. thanks alison. it's good to be missed. :)

February 28, 2008 11:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed you too. But when I saw the ad for the data entry position I figured you had just been really busy with some 'photo shoots' and therefore have been unavailable for blogging. Now that I have read on, I realize that you are not the girl in the ad. But weren't you flattered for one confusing moment?

February 28, 2008 1:53 PM

 
Blogger Lizzie said...

Maybe she's good with numbers. Really. Too bad i can't think of any suggestive jokes to make with that. Not any that aren't tortuous, anyway.

February 28, 2008 10:08 PM

 
Blogger Skyler said...

Welcome back!
P.S. How much are flights to Vancouver? I have a job interview there next Friday.

February 28, 2008 11:27 PM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

This is hilarious. And sick.

March 02, 2008 10:04 PM

 
Blogger Thayerclan said...

I thought it was common knowledge that the one and only requirement to be a data entry worker is to have a modelesque body...n'est-ce que pas??

March 04, 2008 12:44 PM

 
Blogger the meyersons said...

Oh that was me. Sorry.

I have other credentials as well...geeeez.

March 06, 2008 7:37 PM

 
Blogger whitney said...

wow. that's all i have to say...

March 10, 2008 2:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home