“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Unknown

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

decades of deliberation have come to this

we've all been asked this silly question... if you found a genie in a lamp and you could have three wishes, what would they be? (and of course the third one can't be more wishes... but we all wish it could be, don't we?) so, after much deliberation throughout my life, i think i've narrowed it down to three solid answers:

1. i never want to have to stop at a red light or stop sign or even yield to merging traffic ever again. i want all lights to be green when i get there, all stop signs to be for other people, all cars to yield to me. i want to be able to walk out the door, get in my car, turn it on and go. and not have to stop or slow down until i get where i'm going. the eternal green light.

2. i want a soundtrack for my life. i have always wanted that... perfect music to play at the perfect moment. and not just on my ipod... i mean a REAL soundtrack. like hugh grant wandering the streets of london after having his heart torn to pieces while hearing bill withers sing "ain't no sunshine when she's gone", or hearing wreckless eric take over singing "whole wide world" for will ferrell as maggie gyllenhaal suddenly kisses him on the couch. music just makes everything better. it makes the moment more moving, more passionate, more intense... so ya, i want a soundtrack.

3. i want that perfect pair of jeans to last forever. and my favorite shirts to never fall apart. and my favorite sweaters need to not do that weird fluff ball thing or stretch into weird shapes or shrink to the size of a babyGAP sweater... they need to stay looking exactly the way they did in the store. oh... and my favorite clothes need to always fit... no matter how much what i'm trying to stuff in them may have increased in size (is that kind of like sneaking in a 4th wish?)

so... if you found a genie in a lamp and you could have three wishes, what would they be? and no wishing for more wishes... geez.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

1. Babies would be born by Star Trek transporter beams.
2. Never have to move again
3. Jane Austen would write more novels.

January 09, 2008 8:28 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

1. to be thin and not have to worry about what I eat or how much I exercise 2. for my kids to all turn out how I imagine they should.. 3. To have plenty of money so we don't have to worry about financial stuff... (pretty boring , huh?)

January 09, 2008 11:03 PM

 
Blogger Kateastrophe said...

Oh my gosh any three wishes would pale in comparison to yours! But let's see . . .

I'll steal the green light, yielding thing. That is seriously the best wish EVER.

I will also steal being thin and not worrying about what I eat or exercising.

And just to mix it up . . . I would wish that I would forever have a great hair day and never have to get highlights or a cut again. Just perfect hair!

I'm so glad you're back!!

January 10, 2008 12:28 AM

 
Blogger rachel demartin said...

that baby things got me laughing. amen. so since she wished for that...what are my current problems?

1. that all people everywhere would like me without any effort on my part...that might get boring.

2. perfect skin. past & present. i mean perfect: color, no budding wrinkles, duh no zits, no burst blood vessels, no dark circles...yeah, i'm getting old looking if only we didn't have skin.

3. and that i could have the power to read people's minds so when i asked questions they didn't just tell me what i wanted to hear & then throw a fit inside mentally...which i find out about later. of course i wouldn't want them to say what they thought because then i'd have to listen even when i didn't want to know. no i would want just to read their minds at my will. that would be good.

we do need a good little chat.

January 16, 2008 6:25 AM

 
Blogger rachel demartin said...

that chat thing had nothing to do with my last wish.

January 16, 2008 6:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home