“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Unknown

Thursday, December 06, 2007

please pull forward

it recently occured to me that i've never shared this odd little tid-bit about myself on my blog. which is strange, considering all the odd things i HAVE shared about myself on my blog. in any case... i'm cursed. not like some witch cast a spell and i'm cursed... but it's still a curse, nonetheless.

the discovery of my curse was a gradual thing. at first, it started with sheer frustration over my situation. then other people started noticing... and then overtime it just became blatantly obvious... i simply cannot use the drive-thru without a problem with my order.

now, i will admit... i am a tad bit picky. no... precise. ya, precise. i like things a certain way. but not in some crazy, extra pickles, no mayo, tomato on the side, baked potato instead of fries, toast the bun a little, kind of way. just in the no mayo please, kind of way. that's it. in 90% of drive thru circumstances... that's all i ask. however...

it's always wrong. something... is always wrong.

there will always be mayo on the burger when i clearly asked for none, normal fries instead of curly fries, no mayo AND no ketchup instead of just no mayo, the wrong beverage, no pickle because the person next to me asked for no pickle, baja sauce instead of NO baja sauce, fried rice instead of white rice... you get it.

so i've tried different techniques. i've tried speaking slowly. i've tried offering the information before being asked. i've tried only answering the questions i'm asked. i've tried having them read my order back to me. i've tried keeping it simple and not asking for anything out of the ordinary at all (though really... is no mayo really that out of the ordinary!?). i've even tried having OTHER PEOPLE order for me. and still... problems.

it wasn't until i found that even when coworkers took my order, wrote it down, left me at the office, arrived at the drive thru, placed my order right along with theirs, and delivered my meal back to me,... i knew for certain i was really and truly cursed. their order would be perfectly perfect. and mine would be wrong.

so that's it. i'm right up there with male models who can't turn left. i can't do the drive thru.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I hate when I go to a drive through, get french fries... and they never put ketchup or napkins in the bag! Do we have to ask for ketchup or napkins people? I guess so... sorry about your curse!

December 07, 2007 12:06 PM

 
Blogger unclespeedo said...

i don't think you're cursed, pretty sure its the lisp ;)

December 07, 2007 5:37 PM

 
Blogger Suman Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Have a great one. Love ya!

December 08, 2007 12:27 PM

 
Blogger Ashby said...

And the sad part is, you live in P-town where the majority of those taking the orders at the drive-thru are American. Out here I have the same problem, except I can never understand the person on the otherside. You are so not alone in this. It drives me crazy.

December 09, 2007 12:55 PM

 
Blogger Higa said...

I think you should stop eating fast food.

December 13, 2007 4:59 PM

 
Blogger janaya said...

i think you should stop telling me what to do.

pahaha. :P

December 13, 2007 5:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home