“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Unknown

Friday, November 16, 2007

10 days of thanksgiving countdown - day 7

every once in awhile, i get the urge to pull out old photos. i am a sucker for nostalgia. i could look through pictures and letters and journals for HOURS. today i found this little gem. yep, that's me (a.k.a. the female version of my brother). and i have to say, i LOVED that fisherprice house. i can still vividly remember what each little room looked like and all the little furniture that went inside it. and so today, i'm grateful for a few things...

a great childhood.
wicked sweet 80s toys.
awesome 80s clothes.
and the old school pictures to prove it.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Suman Family said...

cute pic! i wish i had that doll house. so fun.

November 17, 2007 12:26 AM

 
Blogger Jason, Tiffany, and the Crew said...

Hey Janaya, this is Tiffany (Melinda's Sister)...I told you I was going to check out your blog now that I know who you are! Anywho, I just wanted to tell you that it was great meeting you today. You are so fun to be around...hopefully we will see each other again at another "Melinda and Taylor Function," even if we both don't know what the proper attire is ;) Take care!

November 17, 2007 9:06 PM

 
Blogger whitney said...

what a cute kid! that's what your kids are going to look like. :)

November 18, 2007 8:23 PM

 
Blogger Ashby said...

Those toys from the 80's really were wicked sweet. Seriously, what happened to them? I want some 80's toys for my girls....

November 18, 2007 11:49 PM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

We had the brown version of that Fisher Price house! And we had a bunch of coordinating Sesame Street characters to go with it and I always thought the Big Bird was terrifying.

So so classic...

November 19, 2007 12:09 PM

 
Blogger joshandemily said...

I still have that same exact doll house with all the furnishings! I loved it! You were a doll!

November 24, 2007 2:58 PM

 
Blogger Tiffany said...

So I basically see that fisher price house all the time because it's in my classroom and my kids LOVE it! How funny is that?

December 12, 2007 7:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home