“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Unknown

Friday, October 26, 2007

the bottom of the barrel

i have definitively concluded that when you live innnnn...... hmmm... (oh, who am i kidding?... the cat's out of the bag about where i live)... provo, work at home all day (during which time my husband is typically home -- for all you weirdo stalker people who might think that's an invitation to come visit), leave the home primarily for purposes of shopping for groceries, picking up movies, returning movies, and occasionally (haha) going to yoga, and have developed an unnatural virtual relationship with 400+ of my closest friends (on facebook) ranging from kids i played "house" with in kindergarten to people i have yet to meet in my ward .... there's really nothing to blog about.

let me sum up the blog posts you've been so blessed to read since i returned to happy valley... i wrote about unpacking, introduced you to my dad, talked about how i gained weight over the summer and my clothes don't fit anymore, unveiled some bizarre recollections about highschool and prom, talked about september 11th (because everyone else was), wrote about how i had nothing to write about (always worth writing about), made not-so-subtle hints about how i want people to take their shoes off when they come visit me and brush their behinds off before they sit on my stupidly white couches, wrote about the gynaecologist... TWICE, can't forget the image of me cursing at the frozen chicken in my freezer, took a little trip down memory lane and introduced you to my freshman year at ricks, complained about hell week, said farewell to the shafer's, complained again about the specifics of hell week, cursed cyber-space for losing my blog post, and asked you a stupid question. and that brings me to today. where again, i find myself writing about how i have nothing to write about.

maybe i should start a countdown to when i will depart this blissfully boring valley of happiness, and enter the entertaining world of insanity... of course, i'm sad to leave (yadda yadda)... but my blog is STRUGGLING people! i've even started writing ideas for blog posts... like how about how the gilmore girls talk like they're blogging -- maybe that makes no sense to people, but seriously... it's like one big long run on sentence (ok... maybe they talk like they're reading MY blog). anyway... that idea sounded stupid, so i dropped it... until now, aren't you lucky?

then i thought about poking a little fun at the silly emails people forward to me, on an almost daily basis, that all fall into one of three categories: (1) are totally and completely false and should be recognized as such simply because... pretty much any forward about a missing person, something someone said that we should all be pissed about, or some warning about a girl who had such-and-such happen to her while walking to her car... is completely made-up (welcome to snopes.com). (2) are blatantly slamming some political party for one reason or another, and making me less and less excited for the day i actually have to decide which "side" i'm really on. or (3) make fun of canada... harr harr... so unique. so witty and clever. *eye roll*

i also thought about discussing my most recent trip to target, and how it wasn't any fun... because i am preparing to move to DC... where i will be poor, because a gallon of milk costs as much as a tank of gas (ok, not really). ANYway... we're being "responsible" (aka. shopping sucks).

or there was the one where i was going to talk about how i was starting to realize that my self-esteem was unhealthy linked to the number of people who left comments on my blog or notes on my facebook profile. and then i got a life.

and the list of ideas that didn't make it to a post goes on. mostly it's a list of things that annoyed me, and i thought maybe it would be fun to complain about them. :) i kind of do a lot of that, huh? i really am a generally happy person, i promise... but annoying things are much more entertaining to poke fun at.

so ya... clearly, my blog is called "ramblings" for a reason. :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

it is sad but true on the milk/gallon of gas thing. When we lived in NYC, gas was $3.40 a gallon (or around that-we didn't have a car, but I know it was well over $3) and milk was almost $4 a gallon...we left in May so I imagine it is still about the same. If you want to save money, make Costco your best friend. That's how we did groceries - box of raisin bran at NYC grocery store $5 (for the 14oz size) jumbo 2-3 bag box at Costco..$6.

October 26, 2007 8:47 AM

 
Blogger M said...

Ha, before I read melanie's comment, I was going to metion milk is $3.99 right now. There is nothing wrong with complaining. Your posts are always "so true"

October 26, 2007 5:22 PM

 
Blogger Esther J. Clarke said...

When you have kids you don't have to think about what to write...hehehehe... they are full of stories!

October 27, 2007 11:29 AM

 
Blogger Skyler said...

That was one of your longer blog posts I've read -- yet, it was somehow only like 6 sentences long! Excellent use of ... to show a "rambling" thought process as opposed to a cogent, well-thought out flow of ideas. You rock!
P.S. Seriously -- don't move though ... at least not until we do!

October 27, 2007 11:23 PM

 
Blogger The Richardsons said...

At least you're bored, if you weren't you wouldn't have anything to write about :)

October 28, 2007 9:00 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

So many of my happy memories were in... ummm.. happy valley! I am sure you will look back and think the same! Money is the worst... I wish it wasn't an issue...ever... BTW- always love reading your blog! The great thing is , is that when you move across the country- I can still find you - right here!

October 30, 2007 11:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home