“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Unknown

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

embracing the insanity

yep... it's the first week of november, and it's already beginning to look a lot like christmas... every where you go... da da da da da dum. and i've decided that this year, instead of being scrooge about it and complaining about how it's not even thanksgiving and i'm already hearing christmas music in costco and bumping into christmas trees in the mall... i'm going to enjoy it. i mean i love the holidays. i love christmas. i love the music. and the decorations (ahem... SOME of them). and the food. and the cards. and the phone calls. and the presents.... and come on... the clothes, people. you can never have too many pea-coats. or scarves. or sweaters. anyway... this year is going to be different. i'm going to embrace the spirit of christmas. now. november 7th. shockingly... i've even thought about sending out christmas cards this year... on time. but don't count on it.

so... merry 48-days-before-christmas! and a happy 55-days-before-new-years too!

do they make 48 day advent calendars?... 'cause sign me up!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Dub said...

i blame global warming. because what else could explain my burning desire to embrace an early christmas like yourself?

November 08, 2007 8:21 AM

 
Blogger Wonderland Girl said...

It looks like we've all got the same Holiday Cheer this year. I'm sure you've noticed I already added Christmas music to my blog. :)

November 08, 2007 12:53 PM

 
Blogger Cormorant said...

I must confess that I too have fallen victim to the early Christmas-craze. Really though, I just hated my shopping experience last year (I was out on Christmas Eve!) and I want to get it all done early this year. Which means following suit and embracing the insanity. Ho ho ho!

November 08, 2007 1:20 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

I am so glad you have admitted to this... it is almost like I don't want to admit that I have been listening to Christmas music on the radio... I say bring it on! Now- the shopping... I could hold off on that- but the music, decor, parties... I love it!

November 09, 2007 12:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home