“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Unknown

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

1644 miles from everything i own


point A
- where we packed up everything we own and loaded it on to a HUGE moving truck a week ago tomorrow.


point B - where everything we own is currently sitting in a HUGE moving truck and will be sitting until THURSDAY when the movers will pick up another load... oh, and then ANOTHER load... and THEN will drive to point C... "by the earliest, next tuesday."

point C - where we are right now... waiting... and growling slightly... and almost cursing...

p.s. having a really cool driver named pedro who also happens to be mormon and couldn't get over how funny it is that you both have green cards, doesn't guarantee a smooth cross-country moving experience... but DOES kind of make you feel the urge to wear a "vote for pedro" t-shirt when he delivers your stuff two weeks later.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Carina said...

I hate moving.

May 27, 2008 10:05 PM

 
Blogger Thayerclan said...

glad to hear you've arrived safe and sound! That stinks that you have to wait another week to get your stuff. At least it's in good hands, Pedro sounds like a nice guy....:)

May 27, 2008 10:28 PM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

I'm also glad you're there!! Although the thought of making the same trek makes me want to vomit.

May 28, 2008 12:02 AM

 
Blogger jenhatch said...

go pedro... least you have all of your necessities - burton and your laptop. Everything else can wait a week... right?!?

May 28, 2008 10:51 AM

 
Blogger whitney said...

haha! that is all.

May 28, 2008 12:46 PM

 
Blogger Nakita Ellis said...

Look at the bright side, you should probably go and buy some new clothes :) since all your stuff hasn't arrived yet.

May 28, 2008 2:05 PM

 
Blogger Esther J. Clarke said...

Wow! I hate moving... We've moved 6 times in our 4 years of marriage... the sad thing is that we haven't left boring Nanaimo!!! Someday... I still keep the faith!:D
So good luck with everything! It does sound exciting!!

May 28, 2008 2:32 PM

 
Blogger Kadi said...

sorry, that is the pits...I hate not everything I need at my fingertips. Moving is not all that fun...though I do love to unpack...want me to come help?

Glad you guys are safe! Hopefully you don't have to wait too much longer.

May 28, 2008 6:50 PM

 
Blogger Summerhunt said...

Janaya and Burton
Hey whats up? Kinda crazy coming across your blog. I dont think I ever met you Janaya but I was goods friends with Burton in High School Just wanted to say Hi
Summer Hunt

May 29, 2008 9:02 PM

 
Blogger Summerhunt said...

You're so sweet! Thanks for your post. I'm trying to figure out where you moved to? And why the change? I'm jeolous I feel like we should have gotten out of here before we started having kids. Someday! Forsure have him email me summerhunt2002yahoo.com You seem like a sweet girl Burton is lucky what part of Canada my hubby served his mission there he would live there if he could. Talk later:)
Summer

May 30, 2008 12:40 AM

 
Blogger the meyersons said...

INTERESTING!!

Looks like you are in my neck of the woods! If you need anything, including a toilet (i have some of those) or a place to get away from the lack of you things...

hit up New Jersey baby!!

May 30, 2008 4:58 PM

 
Blogger Melinda Jones said...

I feel the pain. Melinda and I had to sleep on a blow-up mattress for a few nights and that was a few nights too long.

-Taylor

May 31, 2008 2:25 PM

 
Blogger Melinda Jones said...

Unbelievable. I am still rolling my eyes for you...

June 01, 2008 4:01 PM

 
Blogger The Richardsons said...

That's what you get for leaving Provo!!!

June 02, 2008 7:13 PM

 
Blogger Ashby said...

Moving sucks. Royally! But you've got to love Pedro.

June 03, 2008 12:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home