“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Unknown

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

where do jeans go when they die?

sitting in the car yesterday, looking down at the hole beginning to form in my favorite pair of jeans, i couldn't help but feel a certain sense of looming depression. not again. i'm not ready for this again. i'm not ready to lose another pair of jeans to the bottom of the drawer... to the place where "jeans i might pull out someday when i need something to wear with holes in it" go. this place isn't reserved for jeans that can be taken to DI... this is for favorite jeans with ameritus status. i'm just not ready for this. because the maker of favorite jeans plays a cruel joke on the world each time this happens: DISCONTINUED. this word means the end of comfort for a time. the end of getting home from church, tearing off the fancy clothes and reverting to the lazy pleasure that only favorite jeans can provide. it means it is time once again to stand in dressing room after dressing room throwing pair of jeans after pair of jeans on to the heaping pile of misery that is looking for the perfect fit. it means coming to grips with the fact that what once fit well is now out of my league. i can't do this. it's just too soon.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Dub said...

RIP, old friends.

August 29, 2007 7:24 AM

 
Blogger Wonderland Girl said...

We'll have to go jeans shopping together. It's time for me too. Dangit.

August 29, 2007 11:05 AM

 
Blogger whitney said...

haha... maybe next time you find the right pair, you need to buy 10 of them.

August 29, 2007 2:40 PM

 
Blogger Esther J. Clarke said...

i hate shopping for jeans...the last time i wore jeans i was 13. now i have only two... if i found some that fit me well i'd own more but they're so hard to find and i give up pretty easily.
thanks for the suggestions...i'll go down your list. thanks!

August 29, 2007 5:54 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

My favorite jeans (pre-pregnancy/post partum) I got at an old navy outlet for $20 - I wish I would have bought 5 pair of them... because yes--- after I discovered they were my favs and they were getting a little worn out- I frantically went up to the outlets in Park City- and yes they were gone! So sad! The bummer thing is- I never know if they are my favorites until I wear them for awhile- and then oft times it too late...

August 30, 2007 11:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home