“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Unknown

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

bring it on anon!

i think there should be a way for people to just say whatever they want, to whom ever they want, whenever they want, and be as mean and rude and blunt as they want, without anyone ever knowing it was them who said it...

oh wait... there is. it's called "anonymous".

and i don't really think that. i HATE that as a matter of fact. i suppose that i understand the appeal of it. say what you want--maybe even something that really needs to be said--without any repercussions... but i think it's lame. and the reality is that i've rarely, if ever, had it happen to me... but it still urks me. i'm all about conflict... don't get me wrong. people should be able to say what they think. but if you don't have the guts to stamp your name on your thoughts, then it's probably worth rethinking... it's probably just a little too mean, just a little too narrow minded, just a little too heartless.

so... that's my ranting at 1:00 AM. mean people suck. and nice people who are mean because it's anonymous suck even more.

love JANAYA :)

(and for the record... i know some of my posts are mean... but they're funny... which makes it all ok...) :P

UPDATE: since it's morning, the sun is shining, it's a new day... i'm feeling like i should clarify. i do think "anonymous" is useful for an embarrasing comment and have no problems with that. in case it wasn't clear... my hatred is when it's used for evil purposes, like ripping on people! :) and just in case someone mistakes me for someone who is not sarcastic... i do not think being funny obsolves me of the responsibility to be nice. i'm just not very good at it.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Higa said...

I love saying my mind and then putting my name by it... bring it on. I'm all about honesty.
I have to be honest with you Janaya.. that shirt is ugly... just kidding.

July 19, 2007 2:39 PM

 
Blogger janaya said...

see... that's my point exactly! at least now i know who to punch out for trashing on my shirt! ;)

July 19, 2007 2:44 PM

 
Blogger Ashby said...

And I loved your response to another stupid anonymous person from this morning!

PS - email me (ashbyhatch@yahoo.com). My husband wanted our blog private, but I don't have your email to send the invite.

July 20, 2007 5:10 PM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

that fake fight over ar mrs. dub's blog was the funniest thing i've read in a long time. so funny, in fact, that i just had to read this girl janaya's blog. :)

July 21, 2007 10:48 AM

 
Blogger janaya said...

haha. i guess i was already kind of on an "anon" rampage (ie. this post was written before mrs. dub's encounter with nasty anon)... so i just had to share the fake fight... that i really did have with her while putting on my makeup in the bathroom. :) i'm such a multi-tasker.

July 21, 2007 3:40 PM

 
Blogger whitney said...

did this thought stream come from reading mrs. dub's blog? i was just reading a bunch of comments that people left on her blog and was rolling my eyes at some of the anon. comments... and then i clicked on your blog and read this... you're totally right! so annoying! have some gumption for crying out loud!

July 22, 2007 7:26 PM

 
Blogger Veeda said...

janaya, thanks for your nice comment on my blog!

My "anonymous" friend is rather annoying and very rude. I appreciate your friendliness after it.

July 23, 2007 1:59 PM

 
Blogger Kim Thomas said...

Anonymous posters that critize blogs are the worst.

July 29, 2007 6:06 PM

 
Blogger The Richardsons said...

Nasty anon comments sound like todays getup for yesterdays pointed white hood wearers.

August 05, 2007 11:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home