“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Unknown

Monday, August 09, 2010

so, i like to repeat myself

burton: "bergen-op-zoom!" [random street name from my home town -- thanks to a very odd mayor who dressed like captain hook during parades... of course]

me: "how come you remember stuff like that, but not important stuff?"

[uncomfortable pause, during which i realize that's not really true... and maybe a little mean]

me [again]: "wait, you remember important stuff. but i mean, you remember my childhood memories, and you don't even remember your own."

burton: "because you tell me your childhood memories 600 times."

[doh]

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ryan and i had the opposite experience on sunday:
Ryan: "how did you get that scar?"
Me: "i've told you a million-trillion times."
Ryan: "what? i've never heard that story."
Me: "Why do you ask about my memories when you don't tuck them away? I feel like i live with Dorie from Nemo..."

I like it when you blog. And i need to email you back:).

August 10, 2010 10:43 AM

 
Blogger Tracey said...

May be a genetic thing. Brent says the same thing about me. He says I tell the same stories over and over again exactly the same way.

August 11, 2010 10:36 PM

 
Blogger Kadi said...

So funny...I'm with Natalie...I like it when you blog.

August 12, 2010 2:11 AM

 
Blogger Skyler said...

I have lived with Burton, and I know he says funny crap more often than once every 3 or 4 months. You need to pick up the pace here.

August 16, 2010 12:05 PM

 
Anonymous Ben The Shafe said...

I just laughed outloud. You guys need to stop making me miss you so much :(

August 27, 2010 1:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home