“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Unknown

Thursday, March 01, 2007

schooled on instant messenger

gotta share this with someone... cause i think it's probably the funniest IM conversation I've ever had with my husband.

burton and i were debating whether the kenny rogers song "the gambler" said "you gotta know when to walk away and know when to RUN" or "when to CALL" (burton thought it was "call")... and this is the instant message conversation that followed:

janaya: why do you doubt me?
you got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em,

know when to walk away and know when to run.
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/k/kenny+rogers/the+gambler_20077886.html

burton: i don't believe you

janaya: does "CALL" rhyme with "DONE"?
you got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em,
know when to walk away and know when to run.
you never count your money when youre sittin at the table.
there'll be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

burton: does you're stupid ryhme with shut up?

HAHA. seriously... i burst out laughing. best part is, he was in the other room.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Cormorant said...

You two nerds IMing from one room to another! I'm seriously still laughing out loud. :)

Your conversation reminds me of great ones I have with Jeff all the time. One of my favorites was when I was actually wrong...

When we were dating, I told Jeff about a friend of mine who was "valevictorian." He looked at me funny and said, you mean "valedictorian." No, I said, "valeVICTORIAN." I was sure I was right cause, ya know, if you're really really smart, you're victorious? Anyway, it was hilarious when I put my foot in my mouth a few minutes later after calling my mom from the KMart isle.

March 02, 2007 1:49 PM

 
Blogger whitney said...

you guys are dorks. :) but i love that you fight about stupid things. it makes me feel better about the fact that ben and i argue about really pointless stuff.

March 04, 2007 11:14 PM

 
Blogger The Richardsons said...

As funny as that story is in a post, I have to say it's even funnier told in person :) And for a little clarification on the teenagers thing, I imagine loving teenagers is like loving skydiving. The parts that don't scare you spitless are quite exhilerating. College freshmen on the other hand are more like the ambulance ride if your shute doesn't open- loud and painful ;)

March 06, 2007 2:23 AM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

I think the best part is that Burton was just in the other room!
But I can also relate to such controversies. We had a feud among my friends for years about whether the song was “Big pimpin spinnin Gs” or “spinnin cheese.” We still haven’t reached an agreement.

March 06, 2007 1:57 PM

 
Blogger janaya said...

haha. actually... you're all wrong. it's "we doin' big pimpin, we spendin' cheese"... i'd say look it up online like i just did, but trust me... it's not a good song and they don't edit lyrics online. :)

March 06, 2007 2:06 PM

 
Blogger Cormorant said...

Okay, already. You always bug me for new posts. Now it's your turn to write....

March 12, 2007 12:32 PM

 
Blogger Higa said...

Okay that was the funniest story. You guys crack me up. I am totally the type to look things up on the internet or wherever to prove that I am right... It must be a sagittarian trait eh?
I have also thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone else's comments. haha. You all crack me up.

March 21, 2007 6:17 PM

 
Anonymous Commercial Designers Clarksville said...

Great post thaank you

October 21, 2022 10:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home